How the Word “Almost” Made Me Over $200,000 in Royalties
If you desire to become a high-level persuader, then you must look deeply into the highest level persuasive words.
One word that has proven to be highly effective in this realm is "almost."
While it may seem counterintuitive to use a word that suggests something is not quite complete, the curious nature of "almost" can actually be more convincing than an absolute statement.
The reasons are simple:
- Realistic expectations: When we hear an absolute statement, we may be skeptical or feel like the claim is too good to be true. But when we hear "almost," we understand that there may be limitations or exceptions, which makes the claim more believable.
- Humility: Using "almost" can come across as more humble and honest than making an absolute claim. It acknowledges that there may be room for improvement or exceptions.
- Curiosity: The word "almost" can pique our curiosity and make us want to learn more. It suggests that there may be a solution or an answer, but we need to keep reading to find out.
- Specificity: "Almost" can add a level of specificity to a claim. For example, if a product claims to be "almost" perfect, it suggests that there are specific areas where it excels, which can be more convincing than a generic claim of perfection.
- Relatability: Using "almost" can make a claim more relatable to the reader. It suggests that the product or service is not just for the select few who can afford absolute perfection but for the average person who is looking for something that is almost perfect.
One famous example of this comes from the copywriting legend John Caples.
In one of his ads, he changed the headline from "Fix Any Car" to "Fix Almost Any Car," and the sales shot up. The reason it worked was simple: it added a level of believability and relatability that an absolute statement may not achieve.
How the Word “Almost” Made Me Over $200,000 in Royalties
This brings me to one of my greatest examples of this word's persuasive power and a control package landing page that was a control on and over for seven years.
It was called "The Almost Perfect Stock," a highly successful email/landing page promotion that has used the power of "almost" to its advantage.
The secret to its success is in the reason why it was "almost" perfect.
Again, instead of making a generic claim of perfection, the promotion explains that the stock is "almost" perfect because it has a few small imperfections that make it more affordable and accessible to the average investor.
You see, the stock's imperfections were so small and believable that even as I changed the stock over the years, readers continued to do a swan dive to the order form year after year after year.
Here was the best part:
The imperfection WAS a benefit that every investor in the world wanted to get their hands on this "Almost Perfect Stock." Of course, just knowing the power of Almost is one thing. Knowing how to execute on this is another.
This is why I recorded a complete video breakdown of the million-dollar email/landing page so that you, too, can use the same framework in your copywriting efforts.
Together, you'll discover how I:
- Tapped into the persuasive power of the word "Almost" and used this to write one of my most successful email promotions ever
- Used my "Yellow Brick Road" methodology to walk the reader down the page to the order form
- Proved--paragraph by paragraph--this "secret stock" is not only "the next big thing" but could make you 50% richer in six months
- Blended the benefits of owning this secret stock with the benefits of subscribing to this publication
- Tied the immediacy of grabbing this stock now to the offer to subscribe to this publication
- Combined credibility, believability, and risk-reversal as the only logical end to this email: to click and buy
This promotion was so powerful, that I NEVER shared it with anyone, because I did not want them using this against me in a head-to-head copywriting test.
However, now I'm coaching copywriters, I've decided to make a limited number of copies available to up-and-coming copywriters who understand the power of words and want to use it to their advantage.
Because it's one of the highest value swipes in my collection, I’ve priced it at such a high premium and limited this release to just 10 copies to my existing customers.
Once the last copy has been taken, I will take this offer down and you will not have the opportunity to add this one to your library.
With over 19,000 Twitter followers, I expect all copies will be gone early Friday once I announce its release.
So if you are looking for a high-converting email to add your swipe file, I would act on this now.
In addition to the complete video breakdown, you'll also receive a copy of your own PDF of this winner to study over and over.
This is your chance to tap into a proven formula for success!
Mark my words: Once you see the magic behind my Almost Perfect Stock email you'll be able to use the framework for your next promotion and see your sales skyrocket too!
Click the link above to watch my complete breakdown and to add a copy this money-making email to your swipe file tonight.
All good wishes,
P.S. I simply can't stress this enough: If you would like to see the ultimate selling power of the world “Almost,” I urge you to add this Million-Dollar Copywriting Formula email to your swipe file.
Click the link above to grab your copy before the last one is taken.
Yes Doug! Send me the complete video breakdown (and PDF) of your "The Almost Perfect Stock" email so that I can tap into the persuasive power of the word "Almost" and use the same magic in my emails, landing pages, and video sales letters.